I saw this recipe from a blogger I follow on Facebook today and knew I HAD to make this with Thrive. The original recipe calls for Chorizo sausage that you brown and drain, cheese that you shred, green onions and peppers that you wash and chop. Using Thrive ingredients eliminates all the prep work. I just mix the ingredients in a bowl with water. Stir and refrigerate until I am ready to use it. Plus, I can make this whenever I want without running to the grocery store because I usually have tator tots in my freezer.
The original recipe is here: http://www.foodiewithfamily.com/2014/01/18/totchos-supreme-tater-tot-nachos-supreme/
- 1 1/2 cups Thrive FD Sausage
- 2 1/2 cups Thrive FD Cheese, I used a combination of Cheddar and Monterey Jack.
- 1 cup Thrive Mixed Bell Peppers
- 1/2 cup Thrive FD Green Chili Peppers
- 1/2 cup Thrive FD Green Onion
- 1 bag tator tots
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Put all Thrive ingredients into a large container.
- Add 2 1/2 cups water.
- Stir to combine.
- Refrigerate while tator tots are cooking.
- Spread tator tots onto a parchment lined baking pan. Bake until the tots are well done and super crispy, about 25 minutes.
- Remove sausage mixture from refrigerator and stir.
- Remove tator tots from oven. Sprinkle sausage mixture over tator tots.
- Return tator tots to oven and bake until cheese is melted, about 8-10 minutes.